Literacy and numeracy
Literacy and Numeracy is not just about reading, writing and mathematics; it’s also about the core skills of learning, using technology, problem-solving as well as communicating with others.
Literacy skills development is a lifelong process; we are likely to require new or enhanced skills each time we move into a different position, take on new roles and responsibilities, or as a result of changes to the environment, such as new work processes and technologies.
For more information on workplace literacy programs download:
Literacy and Numeracy Info Sheet(1000KB PDF)
The Australian Bureau of Statistics Programme for the International Assessment of Adult Competencies (PIAAC) 2012 survey identified that the rate of low level literacy in Tasmania is higher than any other state or territory in Australia.
People with low levels of literacy can have difficulty with a range of tasks such as; engaging in training, writing a report, calculating quantities and reading safety information.
Work & Training
Work & Training has been delivering workplace literacy programs since 2009. Work & Training have qualified staff that will assist your business to develop the specific literacy skills training to meet your needs.
Developing a Project
Integrating a workplace literacy program into your business will assist employees to:
- Improve completion and quality of documentation, for example reports and documentation.
- Increase ability to measure and perform calculations leading to a reduction in wasted material and time.
- Improve ability to locate information, read specifications and solve problems
- Increase capability to effectively use Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Increase uptake, engagement and progression through VET
- Increase employee confidence and ability to complete tasks to a high standard
What will it cost?
The cost depends on the time and length of the project. Work & Training will work with you to develop a specific program to address your business needs. We can access the best funding option and deliver the training to benefit your business.
For further information call us today on 1300 309 675.