This program is aimed at those who are currently seeking employment who are currently not working, may be long-term unemployed or people from a migrant background who wish to gain employment as a Disability Support Worker.
This program includes a supported work experience component.
This program contains nationally recognised units and upon successful completion you will be awarded with the qualification: CHC33021 – Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) which contains the following units
- Communicate in the workplace
- Work legally and ethically
- Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- Support community participation and social inclusion
- Support independence and wellbeing
- Work with people with mental health issues
- Comply with infection control policies and procedures
- Recognise healthy body systems
- Communicate and work in health and community services
- Work with diverse people
- Provide individualised support
- Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strength-based approach
- Follow established person-centred behaviour support
Training will be delivered by one of our professional trainers with extensive industry experience. The training utilises materials such as power point presentations, paper based resources, current industry workbooks, practical tasks, and on-the-job work placements.
Assessments will be conducted using Work Placement Diaries, knowledge, case studies, observation and competency conversation assessment tools.
Funded places* are limited. This training is subsidised by the Department of State Growth, Tasmania. *subject to eligibility.
For information around refunds, LLN issues, available support services, possible government subsidies and all other relevant information, please refer to our student guide.