As part of the Government’s Indigenous Advancement Strategy, Work & Training deliver an Indigenous Advancement Literacy Program (IALP).
This is a free program for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community members to develop language, literacy, and numeracy skills, along with employability skills to support transition to employment.
Training and assistance through IALP is tailored to individual needs and interests.
Program content often includes areas such as:
- Resume writing and job applications
- Confidence and preparation for job interviews
- Help with school work or other education
- Reading, writing and maths
- Computer literacy including but not limited to:
- Word processing
- Social networking
- Using job websites
- Tablets and apps
- Reading publications online
Eligibility and enrolment
IALP is currently delivered in Hobart and surrounding suburbs including Moonah, Glenorchy, Claremont, Bridgewater, Risdon Vale and New Norfolk.
For further information, or to book a session with one of our tutors, please contact us.