Work & Training’s first aid course covers a comprehensive range of topics to equip participants with the skills and knowledge to confidently manage emergency situations and provide a first aid response to a casualty.
This course applies to a wide range of settings where emergencies involving cardiac arrest may occur. It is relevant for people working in education, aged and community care, sport, travel & tourism, hospitality, industry enterprises and other workplace and community settings.
At successful completion of the 1-day program you will receive a Statement of Attainment for:
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
This program is nationally recognised, and is suitable for both the general public and for people who are either employed in, or intending to become employed in nominated occupational first aider roles.
We are based in all three Tasmanian regions with offices and specialist training facilities in Devonport, Hobart and Launceston.
On completion of the course, participants will be able to demonstrate the practical skills and knowledge regarding:
- Assessing a cardiac emergency situation
- Airway and breathing management
- Performing chest compressions
- Administering rescue breaths
- Resuscitation techniques
- Providing a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings
- Introduction to first aid principles
- Essential first aid
- The DRSABCD action plan and emergency response
- Legal issues in first aid
This course is nationally recognised, and at successful completion of the course you will receive a Statement of Attainment.
A half-day CPR refresher is available at a reduced cost, please contact us to for more information.